The Juggling Mother

Random rants from a mother of four juggling it all - husband, children, housework, friends. You name it I juggle it.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pill for Patience?

Is there a pill I can take that will give me patience? I know there are pills to make you not care about the little things. Antidepressants that make you say "Oh well" when things don't go as planned. I don't have depression, but maybe I could fake it if those little pills gave me some more patience.

Summer vacation is only in it's second week and I have had it with my kids. All they do when they are inside is fight, make a mess, complain about having to clean up, irritate each other, etc. One wants a toy that the other has and we have to negotiate. One has hit the other because she didn't get her way. One is in the other one's way and won't move. Nobody wants to watch the TV show that is appropriate for the baby. If I suggest that they go pick up a book and read, the reaction is like I have asked them to go scrub the cobwebs and bugs out of the garage windows. When they go outside they get bored if it is just them...they need friends to play with to keep them from fighting and getting bored. We have neighbors that come and play, and that is the only time I get peace! Unfortunately, it never lasts long enough.

They are driving me insane, and I am getting nothing done. I can't clean the bathroom, or finish the laundry or type an email without having to stop and correct someone or break up a fight or stop some sort of dangerous activity.

For the first few days it didn't get to me too much. It was just nice having everyone home and not having the hustle and bustle of the school year. But after two weeks of yelling, scolding and correcting every five minutes, ALL DAY LONG, it is wearing on my last nerve. If I hear, "Moooommmmyyyyy!" one more time I am going to scream. I have no patience for them now, for anything.

I love my kids dearly, but I either need a pill for some more patience or I need summer break to be over!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home