The Juggling Mother

Random rants from a mother of four juggling it all - husband, children, housework, friends. You name it I juggle it.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Diet Update

The first week of my new weight loss initiative (better than the dreaded word "diet"?) was pretty successful. I lost four pounds! Since then, I have made some bad choices...I knew I would, but I have made some good ones, too. So, I feel okay about it. I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't gained any either. And some of my bad choices were pretty bad (McDonalds for lunch one day after shopping with my kids who don't have allergies and a friend)!

It has been difficult to find healthy choices for the evenings that I have running around to do. There were four or five nights out of the last seven where I could not eat dinner with my family. As a result, I have been eating later in the evenings. I know that is a weight loss initiative no-no. Eating after a certain time is no good, but what choice did I have when I was running out the door at dinner time? Eat at McDonalds? Not an option a second time in a week (one of the good choices I made this week - believe me I really had to talk myself out of that one). So I might grab a baggie of baby carrots to tide me over, but then when I come home at 9:00 I need to find something to eat. Not easy. I am going to have to find some lower carb options for eating that late at night. Baby carrots get boring after a while, especially when I really want the pretzels that are calling my name from the cabinet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home